pale (plural pales)
- A wooden stake.
- (archaic) A fence, especially one made from wooden stakes.
- (archaic) A territory or defensive area that one nation holds in another country, e.g., Britainâ€™s medieval control of Calais in France or Dublin in Ireland.
- (archaic) The jurisdiction (territorial or otherwise) of an authority.
- The bounds of morality, good behaviour or judgment in civilized company, in the phrase beyond the pale.
- In heraldry, a vertical band down the middle of a shield.
4 letters in word "pale": A E L P.
Anagrams of pale:
Words found within pale: